Restore the Heart: Women's Gathering
June 17 - 20, 2022, with an optional additional day/night of June 20-21
at Crossroads (just south of Dunsmuir, CA)
Restore your heart, rest your body, and nourish your spirit
while enjoying a weekend of living in community
with other women outdoors.
What to Expect:
~ Nourishment ~ Restoration ~ Earth ~ Connection ~ Community ~ Creativity ~ Balance ~ Play ~
Restore the Heart Gathering for women is an interactive, supportive, and immersive journey. We will circle together and share our from our hearts, sharing our life's journeys - our joy & passions, grief & gratitude. We will cultivate our relationships with one another and our inner selves within a safe and sacred space. Under the oaks, we will laugh, dance, connect, and play - nourishing our bodies, minds, and spirits while sleeping outside together.
Friday, June 17th:
- welcome, dinner, introductions
- hot tub, music, games, story-telling, etc.
- optional yin yoga & sound healing
Saturday, June 18th:
- breakfast, self-care
- optional: tea ceremony, hot tub, yoga, sound healing
- group circle, yoga play, massage, circle of grief & gratitude
- field trip to the Sacramento River trail
- dress-up dance party
Sunday, June 19th:
- breakfast, self-care
- options: tea ceremony, hot tub, yin or partner yoga, massage, breast casting
- closing circle with sound healing
- weekend participants leave by 3:00pm
- Akashic & Human Design readings, yin yoga massage, grief counseling, and animal medicine healing sessions will be offered at an additional cost between Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon by the ladies residing at Crossroads: Kelly, Zsuzui, and Shivrael. Depending on interest & scheduling, Kelly may also be available to take women out on her sailboat on Lake Siskiyou Sunday evening or Monday morning.
Monday, June 21:
- Free form day. Hot tub & clawfoot tub will be available for use.
- Private sessions with Kelly, Zsuzui, or Shivrael will be available.
$200-250 sliding scale
$25-40 for the extra day (Sunday 3:00- Monday 3:00)
*There will be one work-trade position available. Please email Kelly at email@example.com or call/text 53zero-85nine-217five if you are interested in applying for this position.
*Inquire for cost of additional private healing sessions or sailboat field trip on Lake Siskiyou on the extra day: Sunday night/Monday morning.
- Two hot vegan/vegetarian dinners
- coffee, tea, fruit, & eggs
- glamping accommodations (outdoor beds or camping in your own tent)
- hot tub, clawfoot tub, sound healing, group facilitation, yoga, massage, grief ritual, & dance
To register for the retreat:
Contact Kelly McRee via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 53zero-85nine-217five
Payment in full is required to secure your spot. We can accept cash, check, paypal, venmo, or credit (with an additional 2.75% tax).
Kelly worked in alternative education for 18 years, earning her teaching credentials in 2000. After running a one-room schoolhouse in Mount Shasta, CA for three years, she spent 18 years working as an educational facilitator for an independent study charter school. There she collaborated with families, teachers, and students to create customized homeschool educational plans. Throughout her career, she has counseled many families and teens through a variety of life challenges, as well as raising two boys as a single parent. Kelly is now taking those skills and applying them to grief work & facilitating retreats.
For the last 4 years, she created and managed Crossroads as a Pacific Crest Trail Hikers’ Hostel. Kelly is also trained in Principle-Based Partner Yoga, Yin Yoga, and Aguahara (aquatic bodywork). She has taught at the Northern California Women’s’ Symposium for over 15 years and helped lead grief retreats.
She is passionate about reminding people to keep their child~heart alive through sacred silliness, to inspire people to trust their hearts and live their dreams, and to be a reminder of the sacred and holding nature in reverence through her way of being and living. She consistently co-creates experiences within her communities and in her work in the world that nurtures healing, play, gratitude, and sacredness.
Kelly focuses on guiding her clients back to a state of thriving, rather than merely surviving. Kelly's personal journey through trauma and loss has led her to share her outside-the-box thinking and approaches with others who desire effective and innovative healing techniques. She is joyfully committed to helping others heal and renew.
100% refund if you are sick or exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms.
80% refund on cancellations before June 10th
50% refund after June 10th (unless there is someone on the waiting list to pay for your spot)
Event cancellation policy:
If we cancel due to smoke from wildfire, I will offer you a spot at my rescheduled event. If you cannot attend on those dates, you will be offered a full refund.
COVID-19 Precautions and Policies:
In response & with sensitivity to this global pandemic, we will be gathering in an outdoor space only. Full refunds will be given for cancellations at any time due to sickness or COVID-related symptoms.
On the property, we will be keeping up with diligent sanitizing of any commonly used areas, such as tabletops, the kitchen counter, and refrigerator. There is hand sanitizer available. We ask for your assistance in maintaining the cleanliness of the space and also in washing your hands often.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.